Artist Submittal Page

This Artist Submittal Page should answer many of the questions you might have about how to submit to the Business Center of La Mesa.  There is general information about the gallery as well as specific information about each art show -- and submittal form/contracts -- below.  If you you cannot find the answer to your question, please e-mail Gallery Manager Midge Hyde whose contact information is below. Thanks!

Concept
On The Edge Gallery is a showcase for established and emerging artists who wish to showcase their work in jurried group art exhibitions at the art gallery which doubles as the walls of the Business Center of La Mesa.  Each show has an opening reception with light refreshments and wine.  Artists and the gallery are bound by contracts that last the run of each show.

Jury
Each show has a jury of artists, arts educators and collectors who chose the art for each show.  The juries' criteria is fluid but their overall goal is to provide well-rendered, creative pieces that fit the stated theme of each show as well as in a business setting.

Fees
Artists are asked to share the cost of running the gallery and producing opening receptions through submission fees.  We believe these fees are fair and affordable -- $25 for 3 pieces or $35 for 5 pieces. Please make all checks payable to Midge Hyde and NOT On the Edge Art Gallery.

Commission
The Business Center of La Mesa takes 30% of the purchase price of all art sold during the run of each art show, with the remaining 70% going to the artist.  Artists set their the price or each piece or denote it NFS.

Artist Form and Contract
Please download, complete and send/bring this form to OnTheEdge Art Gallery whenever you with to submit your art for an upcoming show.  Click Generic Artist Form and Contract

Please make all checks payable to Midge Hyde and NOT On the Edge Art Gallery.

2014 Shows/Dates/Themes:

Winters Edge  download form/ contract
Show runs:
Art Submissions: Nov 3 & Nov. 4  3:30 to 6:00 p.m.
Art Reception: Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:30 to 9:00 p.m.



Questions?  Please e-mail: midgehyde@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Just attended the second session of Midge Hyde's workshop based on Julia Cameron's THE ARIST'S WAY. Had a lovely, deep, fun time which I know will resonate with and inspire me all week. Thanks Midge, Thanks Julia....Suzanne Gegna

    ReplyDelete
  2. VALENTINES REVISITED (What is in your heart?)
    Show runs: Feb. 15th- April 31st
    Art Submissions: Jan 30th-31st
    Art Reception: FEBRUARY 15, 2014

    ReplyDelete